The University of California, Davis values a diversity of viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences among its graduate student population. The Plant Biology graduate group encourages diversity in the application and recruitment process by participating in programs to improve graduate diversity, such as the College of Biological Sciences Strategic Student Recruitment Plan. Our holistic admission criteria also include each candidate’s potential for leadership in the university mission for diversity.
Statements of Diversity
- University of California Diversity Statement
- UC Davis Principles of Community
- NIH Initiative for Maximizing Student Development
Support Programs and Departments
- Office of Campus Community Relations
Located in the Offices of the Chancellor and Provost, this unit is devoted to campus climate, diversity and inclusiveness.
- Campus Council on Community and Diversity
This council provides campus leaders and the community with advice on how to strengthen and maintain the bonds of community.